- This event has passed.
College of Piping Open House
September 19, 2016 - September 25, 2016
One Day Only!
Come on down to the College of Piping and Celtic Performing Arts of Canada in Summerside PEI, for a Free Afternoon of fun and entertainment.
Saturday September 24, 2016
Where: 619 Water Street
When: 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
The College is opening its doors to all citizens of Summerside and PEI this Saturday. Everyone is Welcome!
We will host afternoon concerts and demonstrations in Highland Dance, Island Step Dancing, Scottish Bagpipes and Scottish style Snare Drumming. Come meet our award winning instructors and performing students and watch their performances.
Guided tours of the College will be provided by our students and staff. Cake and soft refreshments will be served.
All grandparents parents and children are encouraged to drop in and learn how:
- our students gain self confidence and learn respect for one another
- learn social self awareness by giving of themselves and through volunteerism
- learn global awareness by building new friendships with other like minder performers as they travel and compete against rivals across North America
- teamwork and collaboration lead to greater leadership skills
- students improve in school academics through achieving success in their Celtic disciplines
- all of the above teaches them respect for themselves and others
Do not miss this opportunity to explore the College in your own backyard and come see what we are all about.